Experts in authority control, classification schemes and linked data are invited to provide overviews, illustrations and analysis of classification data management and exploitation. Contributions are welcome on high quality, innovative research and practice on the following topics:
- Classification as a component of subject authority control
- Classification authority data formats and modeling
- Classification and multilingual subject access
- Sharing classification data from authority files
- Classification data in the open linked data context
Two kinds of contributions will be accepted: conference papers and posters. Authors should submit a paper proposal in the form of an extended abstract (1000-1200 words, including references, for papers; and 500-600 words for posters). The submission form is provided on the conference website
Proposals will be reviewed by the Programme Committee consisting of an international panel of experts. Each submission will undergo a blind review by at least three reviewers.
The Conference proceedings will be published by Ergon Verlag and will be distributed at the conference.
08 March 2015 - Paper proposal submission deadline
23 March 2015 - Notification of acceptance & paper submission instructions
15 May 2015 - Papers submission (camera ready copy)
UDC Online in the Czech language will be released for public use in January 2015.
If you happen to be in Lyon, please join us for our regular UDC Update session at the 2014 IFLA General Conference and Assembly
Members of the UDC Editorial team will give a brief presentation on the current developments in the UDC, ongoing translation projects, forthcoming publications and events.
Monday, 18 August
Room St. Clair 3b
UDC users in Dutch speaking countries can now access Dutch UDC schedules at UDC Online Nederlands
. These are the most comprehensive UDC tables published in Dutch to date. A free two-week trial is now open and an annual subscription will be available after 10 March 2014.
UDC Online contains a complete standard edition of the scheme on the Web with over 70,000 classes extended with more than 11,000 records of historical UDC data (cancelled numbers). Around 80% of the class descriptions appear in Dutch and the remaining 20% are displayed in English (mainly on deeper levels of the subdivisions in class 5 and class 6). The Dutch translation is continuing and the remaining Dutch text will be uploaded as it becomes available.